16€ + 5€ for bike hire
Join our tour through the liveliest and most dynamic districts in Berlin
Berlin has always been a magnet for people with alternative lifestyles: graffiti artists, fashion-designers, DJs, young men escaping military service or just immigrants looking for a job in the big city. Each of these many different crowds have left their mark on Berlin over the years, creating a patchwork of ever-changing neighbourhoods. Join our guides for a great tour through some of Berlins most diverse and exciting districts.
We take you from the formerly club-driven-now-gentrified Prenzlauer Berg with its collection of beautiful little shops and the famous Mauerpark, to Friedrichshain with its countless bars, clubs and street art. Then it’s over the river into multi-ethnic Kreuzberg and Neukölln with their cross-cultural hipster-crowds. Experience a city that is as diverse as its people.
On our tours we’ll introduce you to the wild 90s in East Berlin, the revolutionary Kreuzberg of the 70s and 80s and present-day undergroundculture with street art, graffiti and new ideas we don’t even have names for. Most of our guides were born in Berlin or have been living here for decades – Let them show you their city – and tell you the stories they love. This tour is celebration of our wonderful Berlin and it’s colorful people, streetlife, nighttime-convenience stores (Spätis!) and everything else that makes Berlin such a great place to be. All this happens in a fun and laid-back way, and your guide will always make sure there’s enough time to stop somewhere for a drink or chilling out on some riverbank or park.
Impressions of the “Alternative Berlin” bike tour
Dates and booking for “Alternative Berlin”
Follow your own schedule and take Alternative Berlin as a private tour with your own berlin-on-bike-guide.
The complete and total bike experience.
We’ve got a whole lot of extra services for those looking to experience Berlin by bike, most of which are absolutely free!
- Helmets: free of charge on guided tours, otherwise 2€ per day, 1€ for each additional day.
- Rain ponchos, just in case it rains more than expected, otherwise our groups take cover during heavy rain.
- Pant clips, to keep your pants from getting greasy.
- Gloves, to keep your fingers war in the chillier autumn months.
- Sunscreen lotion, protection for all types of skin.
- Maps of Berlin.
- Bottled water (regular and sparkling water 1€ for a .5 liter bottle).
- Further recommendations for the rest of your stay in Berlin
Anything else we can do for you? Just let us know, because if we can’t help you, we definitely know who can!
How to find Berlin on BikeAll of our tours begin at the “Kulturbrauerei” in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg district. The painstakingly restored brewery complex is the ideal place to test out your bike before the tour. A variety of restaurants and beer gardens just around the corner offer the perfect way to relax and reflect after a fabulous tour. The easiest way to enter the brewery is on the Knaackstraße 97, just beyond the intersection with the Danziger Straße . After that you just follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs.
Directions from Eberswalder Straße metro station
- take the exit marked:”Danziger Straße”
- head toward the street that leads away from the elevated train tracks to the left. Cross over to the right hand side of the street.
- after 150 meters you’ll reach the Knaackstraße, turn right. After 30 meters turn left through a large archway.
- follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs