16€ + 5€ for bike hire
Introductory Berlin sightseeing bike tour through a dynamic city.
Why does Berlin look the way it does? Berlin doesn’t have a cohesive urban landscape like other cities. It’s an exciting and quirky collage, an eclectic and edgy mix that is full of contradictions. Every historical era has had its share of destruction, both intentional and otherwise, leaving behind opportunities to rebuild, sometimes with style and modernity, often with unusual utopian ideals, making Berlin what it is today.
We ride through 800 years of Berlin history: from historic to modern aspects, where the renowned and the questionable come together to make up a city that will always be: “damned to a fate of always becoming something and never being it” (Karl Scheffler).
Our “Berlin’s Best” bike tour begins in Prenzlauer Berg, once a working class area and now endlessly trendy, with its painstakingly restored historical houses that were built during the Industrial Era of the Wilhelminian boom. After that, it’s off to Berlin’s historical city center, where Museum Island, the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag are just a few of the many sites you will experience first hand. You’ll see how 40 years of the GDR (communist East Germany) left its mark on the city, and you’ll get a feeling for contemporary Germany with the breathtaking architecture of the new government district.
This bike tour is the perfect way to get to know Berlin. We pass along our love and enthusiasm for this fascinating city. With an interesting mix of entertainment and information, we easily take you through many complicated and significant subjects that give you greater insight into the darkness and light of the history of this inspirational and ever-changing city. That way, you’ll be ready to discover Berlin on your own and prepared for your next bike tour.
Impressions of the “Berlin’s Best” bike tour
Dates and booking for “Berlins Best”
Follow your own schedule and take Berlins Best as a private tour with your own berlin-on-bike-guide.
The complete and total bike experience.
We’ve got a whole lot of extra services for those looking to experience Berlin by bike, most of which are absolutely free!
- Helmets: free of charge on guided tours, otherwise 2€ per day, 1€ for each additional day.
- Rain ponchos, just in case it rains more than expected, otherwise our groups take cover during heavy rain.
- Pant clips, to keep your pants from getting greasy.
- Gloves, to keep your fingers war in the chillier autumn months.
- Sunscreen lotion, protection for all types of skin.
- Maps of Berlin.
- Bottled water (regular and sparkling water 1€ for a .5 liter bottle).
- Further recommendations for the rest of your stay in Berlin
Anything else we can do for you? Just let us know, because if we can’t help you, we definitely know who can!
How to find Berlin on BikeAll of our tours begin at the “Kulturbrauerei” in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg district. The painstakingly restored brewery complex is the ideal place to test out your bike before the tour. A variety of restaurants and beer gardens just around the corner offer the perfect way to relax and reflect after a fabulous tour. The easiest way to enter the brewery is on the Knaackstraße 97, just beyond the intersection with the Danziger Straße . After that you just follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs.
Directions from Eberswalder Straße metro station
- take the exit marked:”Danziger Straße”
- head toward the street that leads away from the elevated train tracks to the left. Cross over to the right hand side of the street.
- after 150 meters you’ll reach the Knaackstraße, turn right. After 30 meters turn left through a large archway.
- follow the yellow “Berlin on Bike” signs